October 29, 2005

The butt picture

The main subject of humor for the past few days has been a photo I took last Saturday. The girls were running around naked (instead of putting on their pajamas) and Erika had on a pair of fairy wings from their dressup clothes.

How cute, I thought and grabbed the camera. After trying to take their picture while they were racing from room to room and wrestling, I finally got Erika to more or less stay in one spot so I could get a picture. She was dancing around in that spot and I was busily trying to get a decent picture. In the meantime, Sasha is trying to get my attention shouting "Take a picture of my butt, Mommy!"

"No Sasha" I reply, "I don't want a picture of your butt". I finally fire off a few shots of Erika.

"Did you get a picture of my butt?" Sasha asks.

"No Sasha, I did not get a picture of your butt".

"Let me see".

"OK". I bend down and press the playback button on the camera and look into the LCD screen. There, on the first image that comes us, is a cute picture of Erika the fairy dancing around with her pink fairy wings. And in the lower corner of the picture, stark naked, bent over and looking at me from between her legs with a HUGE grin on her face is Sasha. And her butt.

"You did get my butt!" I am laughing too hard to answer.

This would seem like a good end to the story. It does however go on...

For the next two nights when Joe called to say goodnight to the girls from Arizona, he heard about the butt picture. I had to show it several times each night after I downloaded it to the computer. (Use of the magnifiying glass feature on the picture sent us all into hysterics again).

Yesterday was my day to be a parent helper in preschool. After more than the usual chaos because of a Halloween party, the last thing the teacher had everyone do was to draw a picture of their Halloween costumes in their journals. Erika drew a few beautiful pictures of her bat costume. Sasha drew her Autumn Fairy costume... and reproduced the butt picture in graphic detail on the next page.

No comments: