Erika and Sasha's latest pastime has been arguing with each other. Not the typical calling each other names or hitting each other (not that that doesn't happen), but arguing with reason. For instance, yesterday they took the new bottle of kiddie vitamins and poured all 300 on the table and were sorting them by color and dinosaur type. After a while, I noticed that their conversation had turned somewhat heated. ("NOOOO, Erika! You can't say that!" "But Sasha! Listen to me...") From what I was able to gather, Sasha was arguing that the dinosaurs were distinct [sic - extinct] and thus could not be alive. Erika's point was that the dinosours were just pretend, so she could say whatever she wanted about them.
They are also working on arbitration: they both try to negotiate with me to get things. "Mom! After I clean up the toys then I can play on the computer, ok?" Or "Mom, I PROMISE to listen to whatever our babysitter asks tomorrow, so how about we have ice cream today?"
I can see them as teenagers drawing up contracts for us all to sign...
April 2, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment