May 11, 2006

Mother's Day Dessert

The preschool had a Mother's Day Dessert tonight at the preschool. After a chaotic hour consisting of kids mainlining sugar in the form of cake and juice, followed by group sing-along of the Hokey-Pokey and the Green Grass Grows all Around, finishing with mothers trying to round up the now wound-up kids to go home I retrieved my Mother's Day gifts. I got plates decorated by each of the girls wrapped in their handmade wrapping paper. Sasha drew me a picture of Gonzo (from the Muppets) with friends complete with alien spaceship. Erika drew a picture of me with long hair(?). I also got flowers made with tie-dyed tissue paper and pipe cleaner. My favorite item is a flower on which statements are written on each of the petals describing why the kids love their mothers.

Erika said:
- She snuggles with me
- My mom likes to do marble game
- My mom likes to play Candyland
- My mother doesn't let me bother her
- When she doesn't leave the house

Sasha said:
- I like to cook with her
- She's always kissing me and snuggling with me
- She likes to watch me paint
- She likes to brush my teeth at night
- We go shopping with each other

I find them a fascinating insight into a 5 year old's mind.

No comments: