Keila told us last week that she is definately moving to Idaho. She didn't want to go but her husband is all hot on Idaho. Let see how hot he is after the winter....hahaha. In any case, on top of a very busy month at work for both Joe and I plus time commitments at the preschool, we needed to find a new nanny. Well, what can you do?
Keila told Erika and Sasha this week that she was leaving. The girls told us that they don't want a Spanish-speaking babysitter anymore. Kind of a problem since Joe and I want someone who speaks Spanish. We told them that we would try to find someone who speaks both English and Spanish and that they could talk to her to make sure they liked her. That seemed to appease them.
Keila called me yesterday and said she had found someone who was interested in the job - did I want to talk to her? Of course I did so after a phone interview they stopped by the house. Her name is Basti (sp?) and she speaks better English than Keila and she also speaks Spanish. She also has a car and driver's license (helpful when Joe is traveling). After meeting her and talking about what we expected, which she was fine with, I hired her.
She has a three year old daugther, Cesia, whom we said could come a couple of days a week. Cesi didn't say two words to me but when I asked if she wanted to play with the girls she smiled and nodded. They all seemed to get along fine. Erika says she can speak English but understands Spanish better. Thank you, Miss Interpreter. We're hoping that maybe having a girl who prefers to speak Spanish will get Erika and Sasha speaking more. On the other hand, they may end up teaching her English!
I think this is going to be pretty hard on the girls. Keila has taken care of them for over a year and a half and they knew her for about a year before that. Erika came and talked to Basti for a few minutes but when I went to get Sasha, she got very upset and wouldn't come. Later Sasha told me that she was sad about Keila leaving. Last night Erika said that she didn't want the little girl to come because she would ruin all their toys.
I hope this works out for everyone. We'll find out pretty quick - Keila's last week is next week since her apartment manager just told her that they found someone to take her apartment and she needs to be out by Thursday! Basti is coming one day next week to work with Keila and then she starts the next Monday.
Keep your fingers crossed...
January 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment