Today I had the first sign that our days of spelling out words so the girls don't understand is coming to and end.
We were eating lunch and Sasha says (I can't remember the context of the conversation - knowing Sasha there probably was none) "Bee has two E's".
I said, "Yes it does, but it doesn't start with E."
"I knnooow that! Buh-buh-B-E-E. That spell's bee!"
Then Erika spelled Sasha's name. Then Sasha spelled her own name - wrong - which Erika corrected. [Hey, you try spelling Sasha three times fast] Then Sasha spelled Erika's name. Later on, Erika spelled out dog.
It's quite amazing to see how fast they learn when they're ready. You can almost see the lightbulb go off. Within two weeks, they started putting together letters with the sounds and now a few words come. Wow!
Now if they could just remember to pick up after themselves...
January 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment