February 1, 2006

daycare woes

Well, apparently it doesn't matter how to spell Vasti since she won't be working for us!! 8:30 Monday morning came and went with no sign of the new nanny. She never even called. I had planned to take a sick day - I was actually coming down with a cold, didn't sleep well and figured it might be good to be around for the day. Little did I know!

Luckily, I had previously found a mom at preschool who was willing to watch them (oh, Michele, where art thou?) so we're covered for the rest of the week. The girls are having a grand time - snacking on Cheetos and drinking juice (which they don't get too much at our house). My house is suffering without Keila to help. Laundry that would have been put away days ago is still sitting around. And I've had to make my bed. And ... well, you get the picture.

We interviewed someone else on Tuesday and she's supposed to start next Monday. She at least is working now so that shouldn't be an issue. I hope nothing else comes up!

No comments: