Last weekend Erika lost her Rs.
She and Sasha played with their friend Maddie last Friday. On Sunday, Erika said, "I was going to do that fuust." For a minute I couldn't figure out what she said but then I realized she had just pronounced "first" like Maddie does - Maddie doesn't pronounce her Rs. I made a brief comment about how she sounded like Maddie.
Over the next few days, she lost more and more Rs. I was stuck between amazement that she could consistently apply that speak affect to any word and irritation that she kept doing it. Joe was just irritated.
A week later she is still doing it, although at this point even Sasha is telling her to stop speaking like that and to say words right. I was concerned enough to ask her teacher about it. She never heard of any kid doing that. I'm quite sure this will go away soon and it will be just a memory. But I guess in the future I'll need to not only pay attention to who her friends are but how they speak!
February 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment