September 28, 2006

Loose tooth

We have our first loose tooth!

On Tuesday, Erika told me she couldn't eat her snack at school. I didn't think too much of it thinking that she just didn't want to finish it. The next day, Heather (my friend who is now taking care of the girls after school) said "Did you see that Erika has a loose tooth?" It's one of the bottom middle ones.

That evening, Erika talked essentially non-stop about her loose tooth. I wasn't aware of this but apparently having a loose tooth makes you a "big girl".

"I'm the oldest now that I have a loose tooth."
"Now that I'm a big girl I can do big girl things."

In fact, she talked so much about it that Sasha finally got fed up and said "Duh - I'm not _even_ listening to this anymore!" She also made the comment that "Loose-tooth girls are last in line." Whatever that means.

I guess it's time to figure out what the tooth fairy is going to do when the tooth falls out...

No comments: