"Girls!" I yelled up the stairs. "Who's hair is under the table downstairs?" Giggling was my response. "Did one of you cut your hair?"
"No", in unison.
"Did you cut Scout's hair?"
"Yes. He he he."
"Where did you cut hair from?"
"Because she rolled over."
"Did you cut hair off her tail?"
"She was rolling over." At this point, given the way the answers were not exactly matching the questions I was asking I was getting a bit suspicious.
"Are you sure that you didn't cut your hair?"
"No. He he he."
I became even more suspicious when Sasha came downstairs wearing her birthday crown from preschool. I picked up the pile of hair (which suddenly appeared much larger than it had) and held it up to Sasha's head. Perfect match. I snatched the crown off Sasha's head.
"Oh no, Sasha! What did you do?"
"I don't have hair in my face anymore, Mommy."

As you may be able to see in the photo, Sasha came quite close to giving herself a mullet haircut (think bad eighties hairdo). There are a few strands that she's missed so I think I may be able to salvage the length. I think I'll just let it be funky for a while. Kind of appropriate for Sasha anyway. I'm just glad this happened AFTER the holiday photos were taken!
No comments:
Post a Comment